the thing is literally NO ONE cares if u dont think leggings count as pants. no one. no one cares. everyones gonna keep wearing them as pants. theyre pants. no one cares what u think
I am frustrated by the words “desperate” and “separate” because why are they spelled different. Also excited about my living situation next year. No matter where I end up, I am with good people. Also I feel so loved. Also if I talk to myself before bed, I almost believe what I’m saying. It.almost doesn’t sound like me but it also it sounds more like me than any other part of me. This is almost like praying, this is the kind of praying I could believe in. A poem finally hatched in my head today. I’m going to let it chirp for a little longer before cupping it in my hands and making it something I might break
more celebrities should donate blood like could you imagine having the blood of meryl streep running through your veins
are girls still pretending they don’t masturbate?
I dunno, is society still teaching girls that anything related to their genitals is dirty and impure?
from what can only be described as a nightmarish first day of work, one thing stuck with me. i’m standing at a sink getting instructions from this guy when a girl who works at the place walks up. she opens her arms wide and starts to go in for a hug. i’m confused, but i have no idea how things work around here, so i roll with it. she makes eye contact with me and smiles and i smile back. i almost raise my hands above my waist. i almost lean forward and wrap my arms around her. i almost hug this girl who, believe it or not, isn’t trying to hug a stranger for no reason, but is rather reaching for a pan hanging on a hook because she works in a restaurant and i am insane and almost hugged a random person trying to do their job while i was in mid conversation with someone else who was trying to explain my job. the fact that i almost did it. that i was seconds away from completing this hug, but didn’t. it’s divine intervention. an otherworldly force reached through time and space and went, “oh, kid, don’t do it. for crying out loud.” i have a new lease on life.
Spending the evening collaging birdies and birdie houses and birdie nests!
Hey remember when you wanted hair like the girls on Lizzie McGuire more than anything?
Some of them look like they just did three tours in Vietnam and saw some shit.
“You have 3 wishes” *smirking* I wish *genie catches on* *we start belting* YOU’D STEP BACK FROM THAT LEDGE MY FRIEND *we accidentally kiss*— A Responsible Man (@OBiiieeee)May 16, 2013
- im sitting in the atrium on the campus i always forget about when i don’t have classes here. it’s tinted yellow green bright warm red with art everywhere. i bet i could still lick some october off the walls. this is one of the last places i can still find october, which means i should make it last
- i have midterm at four that im not sure i’m ready for. but this room gives me a false sense of security.
- i am behind in too many classes and i’m sad about things and other things but this happens every semester and i get through it so i know i’ll get through it
- i’m not usually the type to be annoyed by couples but this one sitting near me is intense like theyve been separated for seventeen years and one of their mothers hid every letter. calm down
- torn between resounding hope and fascination at all the wonderful people i’ve gotten to know this year, and resignation that it was mostly for nothing
- ???? shut up, self
- the purple on my nails chipped and wont come off with the acetone. this is the most fitting metaphor but i’m refusing to see it as such
- that’s a lie
- so i covered it with teal (but it’s bumpy where the purple still is)
- i haven’t written a poem in a week. or two?? that’s a long time for me
- i just wanna make things with my hands
- potato chips
i think ive realized how to articulate another differences between conversational arabic and conversational english. metaphors are used a lot more by arabic speakers. it’s more poetic. i was just watching a cnn clip from a few years ago where obama is talking about iran and mutual respect and etc etc, and then ayotollah khomeini who talks about when americans smile at iranians, you can see the glint in their teeth of the sword they hide behind their back. also he was speaking persian, not arabic, but they do the same kind of thing. waaa language.